1880 West 500 North
Vernal, UT 84078
(435) 781-4675


Andy McKea - Coordinator
Extension 2840

Karen Lawson - Secretary
Extension 2732


DCFS and JJS CASE Managers: To register your students in Uintah School District ...

Uintah School District makes every effort to get students into school as quickly as possible. Case Managers need to follow these steps to help the students become enrolled in school.

Step 1
Call the Director, (435) 781-4675. ext. 2840, for an appointment to get your student(s) registered in Uintah School District. We will make an appointment for you as soon as possible. Case Managers must be present at this appointment to sign necessary papers to enroll the student in school.

Step 2
Complete the necessary papers to show proof of custody:

* Youth in Custody Intake Sheet (found on the SAFE system). Please fill in all blanks including: DOB, court case number, social security number, age, gender, ethnicity, contacts, information from the last school attended, previous services, and medical information. Please make sure you sign the form.

* School Enrollment Letter

We also need:

* school transcripts for secondary students
* copy of the IEP for special education students
* birth certificate
* immunization records
* whether the student has ever had a "Safe Schools" violation

Special Education Classifications
Students that are classified as "Special Education" (this could be for learning disabilities, behavior or physical/mental disabilities) will need a current IEP (Individual Education Plan). Students cannot be placed in school until the IEP has been received and reviewed by the school's Special Education Department Head.

Grades and Credits
If a secondary (grades 7-12) student must be moved in the middle of a grading period (term, semester, trimester), please make sure they have been withdrawn from their current school, turned in all books, and have received a copy of their withdrawal grades to carry to their next school.