Family and Consumer Science Classes
The mission of Family and Consumer Sciences Education is to prepare students for family life, work life, and careers in family and consumer sciences by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families
- Balancing personal, home, family, and work lives.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Successful life management, employment, and career development.
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family.
Vision: Family and Consumer Sciences Education empowers individuals and families across the life span to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse, global society. Our unique focus is on families, work and their interrelationships.
Uintah High School
Tiffany Manwaring - 781-3110 ext. 2674
Renee Steele - 781-3110 ext. 2785
Lindsay Germer - 781-3110
Uintah Middle School
Rebecca Rich - 781-3130 ext. 2244
Vernal Middle School
Ashley Millett - 781-3140 ext. 1873